The Plano Amateur Radio Klub holds their general meeting at 7:00 pm on the third Monday of each month. There is no longer a virtual option.
The Klub Meetings will take place at the First United Methodist Church Plano, located on the corner of Parker Rd and Spring Creek Pkwy. (Map below)
The Klub Meeting begins with a short business meeting, announcements, and a raffle. The remaining time is given to a different guest presenter each month, and while the topics vary from month to month, they are all related to amateur radio. Everyone is welcome to join us for the meeting, we hope to see your there!
VE testing resumes on April 18, 2022 also.
Testing starts at 6:00 PM before the general Klub Meeting on the third Monday and ends in time for the Klub Meeting for 7:00 PM.
Before you come to take your test, we require the following:
- Those taking the Tech Exam for the first time must go to the FCC web site and apply for a FRN number. No one may take a test without first getting a FRN number.
- You will be required to pay to the FCC $35 before you can be granted a license and a call sign. The actual testing fee remains at $14, payable in cash only, when you come to take the test. You will also need a picture ID for verification and a copy of your FRN number.
Location: 3160 East Spring Creek Parkway, Plano, TX
Time: 6:00 pm
Date: Third Monday of Each Month
Contact: Daryl Morgeson, AF5QJ
Becoming a Member
Anyone is welcome to apply to become a member of the Plano Amateur Radio Klub, PARK.
You can download the membership application online here and fill it out.
- Please attend the PARK meetings and learn about the Klub.
- You do not have to be a member to attend the monthly general meetings.
- You do not have to be a member to join the Klub’s groups.io
- You do not have to be a member to visit our public activities, like Field Day.
- You do not have to be a member to use our Klub repeater, but if you routinely use the Klub repeater, we would appreciate your support, by joining the Klub.
If you are interested in becoming a member you can pick-up a member application at
the sign-in table, or you can download a copy from three areas of this web site. Here on
the Meeting page, on the Articles and Files page, or under the dues page, where you
can also pay your dues via PayPal. Your dues help to maintain the repeater and to
support the Klub organization, its activities, and programs.
Membership runs from January 1st to December 31st.
Annual renewal is encouraged by the last meeting of the year, typically our year-end