Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Hopeful HAM
Hopeful HAM 1 Year ago  
Hello everyone,

My name is Robbie and I am looking to get into Amateur Radio. I have been doing research since late February and have been a part of a Facebook group for HAMs in the South Texas area. I am looking for some HAMs closer to me that would be able to help mentor me and teach me more about this hobby.

If anyone would be willing to help steer me in the right direction I would truly appreciate it!

Feel free to email me at robbietanner@yahoo.com

Thanks!
robbietanner
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The topic has been locked.

Re: Hopeful HAM 1 Year ago  
Hello Robbie,
My name is John and I've been in the hobby for about 8 years now. I haven't been too active on the air the past year mainly because it's been my first year at university and I've been kept busy, though I'd still like to help get you started. I'd recommend you attend PARK's meeting this month if you are able and live close enough (see here for time and place: www.k5prk.net/park-meeting-info ). This will give you a chance to meet hams in the area in person. If you'd like to talk with me more about the hobby, please get in touch and send an email to webmaster@k5prk.net.

Have a good one!
John - KF5BSS

FYI: Due to the fact that not too many members have been actively using the forums lately and the fact that moderation is required, I've been asked to lock the forums and encourage people to contact one of the club's officers via email (see www.k5prk.net/park-officers for addresses) for further discussion.
kf5bss
Admin
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2016/05/02 22:30 By kf5bss.
The topic has been locked.

Go to topPage: 1