Please contact email@example.com about any events you would like posted.
- PARK General Meeting September 18th 7:00 pm - The PARK meeting will be held on Monday September 18th. The location at the First Methodist Church of Plano. It is located at 3160 East Spring Creek Parkway, Plano,TX. We will be meeting in the large reception area. The featured topic will be Plano Balloon Fest Training. We will also have a repeater update. The meeting will begin at 7 pm and the VE testing at 6 pm. There is still a need for additional volunteers. Your help is needed to fill open positions! The weather is shaping up to be very nice with mild temperatures – a perfect time to have a great time while using your communication skills! Please visit 2017 PBF Volunteer Database and complete your signup – and follow the formatting as suggested (it makes it cleaner on our end) and answer everything to the best of your knowledge. Tony W5ADC
- PBF Special Event Station 2017 - After consideration of multiple locations, the Lucas Fire Station classroom was the most practical solution. While this does have the negative of not being at the event, it also offers a number of positives. Parking will no longer be an issue and we won’t have to manage parking passes. Interested folks will be able to just stop by without prearranging anything. We won’t need generator power, or gasoline. The air conditioning is excellent, restroom facilities are co-located and no one will have to worry about getting stuck in the mud like we did last year should it rain. Because band conditions have been quite poor, this will be a simplified operation with only 2 stations on site. I expect we will be on 20 and 40 meters SSB most of the time. As in years past, folks are welcome to operate other modes from home so long as we can coordinate operations and contacts are logged in software that can produce an ADIF file. Please contact me if you wish to do this. We will follow a schedule similar to previous years with setup on Friday morning and teardown on Sunday afternoon. Anyone may signup to participate here: https://tinyurl.com/w5p2017 This year’s operation will be a little different, but should still be a lot of fun. It will be a great opportunity for anyone (but especially new Techs) to get familiar with HF operation. I hope many of you will consider coming out to help and have fun. 73, Stan NW5Q
- Little Buggy Kids Triathlon September 4th - Getting a bit of a late start this year, but the event is on! About 10 communications volunteers are needed to support the event. Rally time will be about 6:15 am, with the event concluding by about 10 am. It will be staged from the William Recreation Center this year. Please contact Kip, AE5IP, to sign up to support the event. Kip can be reach at firstname.lastname@example.org Additional information is attached to the calendar event notice. Thanks, Tony W5ADC
- 2017 Plano Balloon Fest Volunteer Signup - The 2017 Plano Balloon Festival is getting near. Communicator registration is now open. Please follow the formatting as suggested (it makes it cleaner on our end) and answer everything to the best of your knowledge. The form will provide a URL at the end that you should save if at some point you need to make a change to your desired assignment, etc. Also, share with your respective clubs and anyone you know interested. There is a lot of valuable information on the site and plenty of time to read it. For many, it is review. But we forget a lot during the course of a year. 2017 PBF Volunteer Database
- Technician License Class August 12/13 - The class will be held at the Lucas Fire Department which is just north of Bethany/Lucas Rd, in Lucas. Lucas is located just east of Allen, TX off of US Hwy 75 at the Bethany Rd. Exit. As always the class is free, the EXAM is $14.00 cash. We are looking at a timeframe of 8:00am- 5:00pm on Saturday and 9:00am- 2:00pm on Sunday, with the EXAM starting at 3:00 on Sunday. Parking should be available on the south side of the fire station. A government issued photo ID will be required to take the exam on Sunday afternoon (FCC Requirement). Other amateur radio class exams (General,Extra) will also be available for those wishing to take those exams. You need to bring a copy of your current amateur radio license. To prepare for this class, we urge you to pick up a copy of the Ham Radio School’s Technician Class study guide prior to the class, and read through the course material at least once. You should not expect to just walk in to the two day training class and grasp all the necessary information to successfully pass the exam. But, if you prepare by reading through the study guide, and marking any items that you have questions about, and then pay attention and ask questions during the two day training class, there is an excellent probability that you will pass the exam with a high score. These study guides are available locally at the Ham Radio Outlet store 701 E. Plano Parkway Suite 406, across…
- PARK General Meeting July 17th - The PARK meeting will be held on Monday July 17th. The location at the First Methodist Church of Plano. It is located at 3160 East Spring Creek Parkway, Plano,TX. We will be meeting in the large reception area. There will be a number of topics to cover; repeater update, Field Day update and our featured speaker will be David Gilpin K5GIL, and his topic will be “Brilliant! The Power of One”. The meeting will begin at 7 pm and the VE testing at 6 pm.
- Collin Classic July 21st Communications Support - The Collin Classic is now sponsored by and supports the Boys and Girls Clubs of Collin County. In Collin County since 1968, the Boys and Girls Clubs of Collin County enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens. They are located in McKinney, Plano and Frisco. This year the Collin Classic is starting from, Oak Point Park in Plano. Many of you will know this as the balloon launch field. The route will generally follow the old Wild Ride route. The new date will allow us to provide excellent support. In additional to general rest stop and shadow support, we have also been asked to help with SAG if possible. Most positions have a start time of 8:00 am. A link to the event web site is below. Please contact me as soon as possible if you can help. http://www.bgccc.org/events/collin-classic-bike-rally/ Thanks, Tony